1. This contest is offered the Public.
2. It is open to Writers, Poets and
3. It does not matter how many times
you have been published, you are eligible.
4. You MUST be at least 18 years old to
be awarded the grand prize.
5. You must have the rights to your
work (both print and electronic rights).
6. Most genres are welcomed (excluding
what would be considered as pornographic).
7. Work published previously in any
copyrighted newspaper, magazine, book or other medium is ineligible.
Writing for school publications may be entered. Entries must be
8. Entries should be entered through
the website at http://www.opencontractchallenge.com/
no later than 11:59 p.m. PST, Thursday, April 30, 2020.
9. We will only accept entries in
10. Panels of writers and editors will
judge. Dr. Melissa Ridley Elmes, who was the previous Grand Prize Winner of the Open Contract Challenge will select the
Grand Prize winner for this year.
11. The decisions of the judges are
final. Submission indicates acceptance of all contest rules.
Questions about the Open Contract
Challenge should be emailed to